Invest in a Memorial Portrait Experience
If you have landed on this page, it means you’re pretty serious about capturing some beautiful portraits. Whether its for your growing family, celebrating a relationship, a marriage, or immortalizing how tiny your newborn once was — I can help you. It’s my passion, my job, my raison d’être.
Let me tell you why you should invest in portraits with Allison Vaughn Photography.
- I care about you. Yes, stranger, you. I want to help you capture these memories and I want you to see yourself as you should — beautiful, professional, loving, and powerful. The way you FEEL in a moment, I want to capture it for display, so you look back and think, “Wow, the moment truly was unforgettable.”
- I am an heirloom portrait photographer. This means I am dedicated to providing you beautiful fine art images that are meant for print/display. We will discuss, at any length that you feel comfortable, about your custom portrait experience beforehand to make sure that it is what you envision. After each session, we will meet at my studio (in some cases, in your home or through Skype) to review your edited portraits. With most sessions, this meeting only takes an hour. But at the end, you’ll know what images are your absolute favorite and exactly how you want to display them.
- I am a professional. I don’t just call myself that, but I am. I have my business license. I pay taxes. I own a store-front studio. When you hire a professional, you get professional quality and service. I run my business different than hobbyist photographers. Your investment with me may be higher than hobbyist photographers you have used before, however reward is bigger. I can promise you that. 🙂
- I’ll help you get your dream portrait collection without emptying your pockets. Not only will I help you figure out the means to realistically invest in your portraits, but I won’t push you into anything that makes you uncomfortable. I offer my clients very easy payment plan options. Around 85% of my clients use the payment plan option because they WANT the album. They WANT the canvas wall print. However not many can invest in top tier collections all in one swoop. I can’t, so I don’t expect that my clients can either. But I want you to have everything you desire, and so I will make it easy for you. Generally payment plans start at 25% down, and the rest split into as many monthly payments needed to make it easy for you.
Things You Should Know Before You Invest in Your Portraits
- I do not do online galleries. My many years experience as a photographer has shown me that online galleries just sit there. While it makes it easy to SEE the pictures, online galleries are overwhelming for clients as there are often too many pictures to choose from and it’ll be too hard to choose. So — the pictures just sit there and rarely get printed. I won’t be doing you a disservice in that manner, so please do not ask. =)
- I do not automatically include digitals with your session. When you go to Olan Mills, Portrait Innovations, Picture People, Sears (etc), your digitals are not automatically included either. Your session fee investment is for my time (including shooting and presenting the images), talent, and expertise only. Everything else is a la cart, which can be purchased at your viewing and ordering meeting.
If You Only Want Digitals You Can Post on Facebook
That’s fine. I’ll work with you and will be happy to do your portraits. However, you have to ask yourself — Who are these images for? Are they for your friends on facebook, or are they for you? Especially when you have kids that are being photographed, most children do not see the images you display on Facebook — but they do see the images hung on the wall, framed on the side table, and tucked away neatly in an album. So ask yourself again, are your custom portraits for your friends — or are they for you and your children? (Check out How Family Portraits Can Boost Your Child’s Self-Esteem.)
My investment pricing is simple.
|Session Type||First Hour||Each Additional Hour|
|Studio (Child, Corporate)||$50||$25|
|On Location (Family, Children, Engagement)||$150||$50|
|On Location (Newborn)||$150||$75|
|Travel Fee (If more than an hour from Orange City, FL.)||$0.75/mile (one way)||n/a|